Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Faithfully anxious

. I want to share my experiences being a longtime sufferer of anxiety disorder while being a follower of Christ. To many, these things are not synonymous. To be a believer means that I should be living free of fear and worry and anxiety for these are all things that come from the devil. Yet here I am. Loving God. Feeling anxious. I often find myself feeling that I have somehow failed at my faith because I can't get rid of the feelings. But here is the thing.. God loves me despite this. He knows where where with these struggles and where my heart lies. Full of faith, full of devotion, full of love...and full of worry. I wish that I could get rid of it, love it away, believe it away. But I can't and I accept that because my God accepts it. Accepts me and accepts my struggles. So here I am Lord, open and honest and willing to let you reveal your works through me. Maybe together we can quiet some of these storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment