Thursday, October 25, 2012

Missed Oppourtunity

As a busy mama of two very energetic girls, i often find myself looking at my days as one big mental checklist. Sometimes that checklist is not only in my mind, bur actually has made it onto paper so i make SURE i dont forget anything. Its very easy in the running of the day to move quickly from place to place, focus on my given task and ignore everything that happens around me. Today, I helpled a friend this morning, ran home, worked on some craft orders, did the dishes, ran to work, taught a class, worked out, ran back home, checked my Emails, ran to my other job site, came home cooked dinner, give baths, read stories, brushed teeth and put the kids to bed. Today was actually kind of a"slow" day. Ha ha. As i am reflecting on what i want to write tonight, i am putting some of my other desired topics aside for now and choosing to address something I think should come first. As Christians we are called by God to be living witnesses to His word and carry that out into the world. Mark 6:14 says " and He said to them, Go out into the world and proclaim the gospel To the whole creation" how many opportunities did I miss to do that today? Had I looked up from my tasks and maybe asked a co worker how they were doing or called and old friend while driving between errands or even started up a conversation with the person behind me at the coffee place, could I have had that opportunity? We are not always..in fact almost never...going to have someone who really needs to hear the word of God come right up to us and ask to hear it. I think we need to actively look for opportunities in each day to show others that light that is in us so they wonder...hmm what is that extra something that makes her so positive? We have opportunities everyday that I think we are often missing be use we are so sidetracked with the necessity of life that we forget the most basic necessity. In sharing God with others, we are growing in God ourselves. Look at that verse again.proclaim the gospel to the WHOLE of creation. Not to those who are going to be really receptive and who we will have a heart felt moment of sharing with. The whole. Everywhere that you go, everyone that you see is an opportunity to share the love of God. You never know when you can be that one person that can change a persons entire life. Even sitting at the doctors office or waiting in line at the grocery store. Some challenge you to look up from your own agenda and proclaim that love, we are called into service and you will be amazed how much richer your own walk will be from doing so. And one more thing,,..never forget that we are a mirror of Christs image. Be aware of the reflection in that mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment